Search for authentic Mexican

On a trip back from San Diego recently I stopped in a Mexican joint called El Campeon in San Juan Capistrano.  It is a grocery store, bakery and restaurant.  It looks like a hole in the wall (and it is) but stop in and order some food.  It is as authentic as it gets.


I got some tacos and then hit up the bakery and got some sweets.  I think tacos really define whether a place is good or not.  The baked goods are unbelievable.  The carne asada was well marinated.  I also got al pastor but wasn't a big fan, and it also was quite greasy.  But the other street tacos were delish.  If you are in the neighborhood stop in!  I mean for about a buck a taco it can't be that bad right?


4/5 for authentic tacos - but it isn't your typical OC joint, its an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment