The New Lunch Spot: Moulin

No, I don't mean that Red Windmill that Christina Aguilara sang about.  I mean the new café that has taken the place of Pasqual's.  Very similar idea (walk up counter, order salads by the pound, baked goods) but with a larger selection of food, a bigger inside for seating, coffee and drinks and a beautiful outdoor patio.

the local list oc

Because I studied abroad in Paris, I love all things French.  Love might be an understatement, especially when it comes to food.  So when I heard that another French café was coming into my little work area I was so excited.

 
I visited Moulin the day it opened.  Now, I am going to be honest, I have not tried any of their baked goods and I have not had their coffee or omelets (I need to visit on a weekend!), but I have tried their sides and the main entrees.  While everything has generally been good, I haven't had anything that left me craving more and the prices are astronomical.


the local list
Coq Au Vin and Green Beans
The first time I ate at Moulin I got the chicken, the cucumber salad and brussel sprouts (my weakness).  Everything tasted great, but nothing particularly stood out.  Additionally, everything cost over $11 combined.  I could have eaten a full salad and soup from PDM for that price.  I went back again and again enjoyed my food but was left hungry and feeling poor.
 
sandwiches
I am still willing to continue trying out the dishes because, well, it's convenient and something different to add into the rotation.  But it will likely not be my first choice.  I definitely know I need to try those glorious desserts and some of the other baked goods like their beautiful French baguettes.  Moulin is definitely as French as it gets, but expect a hefty price tag at the end of the day.
 
the local list oc
select your own sides
Where do you go for your favorite lunch spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment