Kobbideh Kebob

Two of the most magical words known to man kind.  And one of the best places in Orange County is Panini Cafe.  Although its a Southern California chain, they don't skimp on the portions and don't skimp on the taste.  Although you can spend $20 a person, you won't go home hungry.

thelocallist, kelsey mills, hungrygirl mills
chicken kebabs
Panini Cafe is open for brunch, lunch and dinner and is located both in Newport Beach and Irvine.  There is always a crowd at both locations, but you usually don't have to wait too long.  On a trip for lunch, we waltzed straight onto the patio and ordered the chicken kebob special and of course, the Kebob of my dreams.  The meals come with either basmati rice (my favorite) or wheat rice pilaf (not bad) and then a choice of three different types of salad.  Believe me when I say you cannot eat it all.

thelocallist, hungrygirlmills
kobbideh!!!
The food is so tasty, and came out hot.  The price is steep [for lunch] (see update below), around $10-$15 for the complete meal, but it's not an everyday lunch spot so I was willing to pay a bit more.  However, on this particular occasion they forgot about our food and didn't really apologize or make up for the situation.  For a "quick" lunch it took them 25 minutes to bring out our food after asking about it twice.  I haven't had issues here before though, so hopefully its just my curse of bad service not an everyday thing.

thelocallilst
humus platter
Panini Cafe also has obviously paninis, soups, salads, and other types of kebobs.  I also need to try their brunch because it looks great (and huge).  They also have a to-go menu which I noticed has a family four pack of food.  Yeah I might not have a family of 4 but this is definitely going to be on my list of fast, healthy dinners.  Don't judge me...

thelocallist
breakfast sandwiches

update: I was schooled in the expense part of this post.  It may seem expensive to me at lunch, but you can get out of there for about $15 for dinner and the food is really about two meals.  The chicken kebob special is definitely worth ordering for lunch as its the same amount of food but for only $10.
 
4.0/5 for great food, a good ambiance but so-so service.

No comments:

Post a Comment