I have a problem.

It is my addiction to sushi.  Seriously, isn't this like the fourth place I wrote up?  Sorry people, I will try other places, but I need some more recommendations! (Comment and let me know where I should be eating or drinking at or maybe doing some more educated like visiting an art museum...)


Anyway, I found another hole in the wall place - Kaisen Kaiten.  This means decent prices and usually just okay sushi.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.  This fish is super fresh.  And unlike other places I have mentioned, the sushi chefs are actually Japanese.  The waitresses have to wear horrible kimonos and the place is technically a revolving sushi place and it smells horrible inside, but believe me when I say its worth it. 

This place does the "pay by the plate" deal, where they stack your plates at the end to determine what you ate.  I don't recommend anything on the revolving sushi.  It's gross and its for amateurs.  Sorry it's the truth.  The real deal is ordering from the menu.  I recommend the yellowtail and tuna as always, but the hand rolls are the real specialty.  A lot of sushi places have hard, crunchy hand rolls.  Here, they do it right.  You get out of there for a decent price and they have beer happy hour specials Monday-Friday.  Luckily its around the corner from my house...thank you god.

Kaisen Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment