Eureka: How UCI got cool.

Okay, I don't know if it will make UC Irvine cool, but this new chain called Eureka is exactly what the campus needed.  Although the pub has been voted best bar in Orange County by OC Weekly, Eureka caters to the community not just students.  As much as I love the pub, it does make me feel like I am trying to relive my glory days.  Eureka doesn't judge me.

the cowboy: bbq burger

The first thing that caught my eye was the vast tap list.  Eureka has created a brand around craft beer.  Not only that, but the cocktails freaking rock.  Also a huge plus is the fact that it has happy hour everyday from 3-6 AND 9-close.  Yup, reverse happy hour FTW.


the fig burger
Now on to my favorite part, the food.  So I read all the yelp reviews before coming here, and once again I am really glad I don't base my food choices on yelp.  I will start with saying that I only tried two different burgers.  So my assumption from other people's recommendations are don't get the regular burger.  It's nothing special, and In N Out is across the street.  Now, if you are to get a burger, I HIGHLY recommend the Fig Burger.  It was like heaven in my mouth.  Goat cheese, fig jam, bacon...seriously what more can you want?

blue cheese and mushrooms
It doesn't end there.  For a pretty decent price you get a large burger and fries.  I had both the regular fries and the sweet potato.  And both were awesome.  I love sweet potato fries and these were pretty freaking good.  Seriously the only complaint I had about this place is that there wasn't a ketchup bottle on the table.  They are "bougie" so they give you little side cups of ketchup or what the ef those things are called.

Americana Apple Crisp!
Lastly, and I don't really ever comment on this, but our server was freaking incredible.  So attentive, so friendly, and so funny.  He even was sweet enough to give us some dessert.  This is definitely going to become one of my favorite spots for a group, date, happy hour, or really anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment