Well look who made it to Restaurant Week...

...but then didn't order from the prixe-fix menu.  Oops.  But I am lactose intolerant and I think I have a shrimp allergy, so the options were slim.  However, I did have a wonderful time at Charlie Palmer.


I recently met a group of girls in the area, and they kindly let me tag along to one of their dinners.  Obviously Charlie Palmer was a GREAT choice for Restaurant Week because who can actually afford it for a normal dinner out.  (Even though I ordered a full priced meal...again oops.)

Kobe Sliders during Happy Hour
The menu was only $40 for three courses, soup or salad, entree and then dessert.  Again, couldn't eat a lot of it and wasn't hungry enough, but one of the girls got it and it looked like the perfect meal.

bone marrow for fancy kids
We started with a bottle of wine (there were four of us drinking so it made sense), and then we all ordered our meals.  The tuna tartare looked yummy and a pretty big portion for a starter. I ordered the red snapper which was perfectly crisped and they even made sure there was no dairy in it just for me.


You come here for the service and ambiance, and you definitely are treated like a queen.  Even the way they harmonize the placing of your entree plates at the same time from the left.  For a city girl who eats at hole-in-the-wall spots, it was something odd yet exciting.  For a fancy spot, the food isn't the best ever (go to Mastro's if that's what you are looking for), but for the experience it was well worth it and was a special treat.  Even though its in a mall, you would never know!
Charlie Palmer at South Coast Plaza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment